The Level 3 Digital Application Support qualification will give candidates the skills, knowledge and experience to take on the role of ‘subject matter expert’ for IT user skills within their workplace.
The content of the qualification is wide ranging and includes structured data processing, technical support, and using web/multimedia applications. Candidates will learn how to trouble shoot and solve problems using a range of different application software packages as appropriate to the business context in which they are working.
Added April 2019
The qualification is aimed at those:
- Working in organisations across all industry sectors, acting as the ‘expert’ in Application Software, devising solutions and providing IT help and support to colleagues
- Working in IT helpdesks with specific responsibility for end user Application Support
- Working in smaller businesses without an on-site IT function, taking responsibility for setting up systems, users and day-to-day troubleshooting
- Responsible for working with third party IT service providers
- IT & Telecom System Security
- Digital Network Environments
- Manage Tools for Online Collaboration in Business
- Digital Communications
- Digital Information Management
- Manage an IT Application Project
- Optional Units:
- Specialist Software
- Bespoke Software
- Developing Personal & Team Effectiveness using IT
- Design and Develop a Digital Content Solution
- Improve Effectiveness of Digital Content Delivery
- Select and Set Up Digital Systems
- Using Tools for Online Collaboration in Business
- Improving Existing Software
- Software Design
- Provide Digital Application Help and Support
- Database Applications
- Health and Safety in an IT Context
The learner will be allocated a dedicated tutor/assessor who will work closely with both learner and employer to ensure the level and units selected are most suited to their individual role and organisational priorities. The Tutor/Assessor will visit the learner every 4-6 weeks in their workplace to assess progress and also set objectives for the next period. The learner will be assigned project work specific to their elected units, as well as be expected to gather evidence from their day to day role to demonstrate application of their new skills. They may be expected to attend seminars/workshops in addition to work based learning which will focus on the knowledge element of the qualification and support in developing understanding, skill and experience in this area.
In order to successfully complete the qualification learners will undertake a project relevant to their individual role and learning environment. They will acquire the knowledge, tools and techniques associated with each unit that they will then implement in their current work environment. The project work assigned and evidence gathered will be reviewed during the regular 1-2-1 meetings with tutors/assessors and used for assessment purposes. Gower College Swansea utilises Smart Assessor which is an online Apprenticeship management tool enabling provider, learner and employer to effectively track learner progress.
On completion of this Level 3 qualification, the learner will have the option to progress on to a higher level qualification in the relevant field.
On completion of the Level 3 Diploma in Digital Application Support, the learner will have the option to gain a Microsoft recognised professional certificate.
The qualification is delivered by tutors/assessors who have exceptional experience in both practical application of Digital Application methodology and in delivering tailored support to each individual learner.
This course is fully funded (for eligible candidates). For more information contact 01792 284400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org