The Level 3 Diploma in Digital Learning Design is aimed at those who are responsible for learning and development in their sector and wish to enhance their use of digital technologies to improve the learner experience. Completion of this qualification will give the learner a number of different options for progression into more senior roles within digital learning.
Added April 2019
The qualification is aimed at a range of learners, including:
- Individuals who work in education/learning and have an interest in integrating digital technology to the learning environment
- Individuals who are currently working in digital learning design and wish to enhance their skills, knowledge and experience
- Individuals who are employed in a non-academic role who may wish to move into this sector
- Individuals who are currently employed as teachers / lecturers and wish to undertake training in this area as Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Introduction to the Digital Learning Environment
- Professional and Personal Development
- Working in a Digital Learning Lifecycle
- Effective Communication for Digital Learning Design
- User Experience Design
- Quality and Standards
- Investigating & Analysing Requirements for Digital Learning Designs
- Collaborative Technologies and Outcomes
- Emerging Digital Software
- Introducing Immersive Technologies
- Technical Advice and Guidance
- Using Social Media Technologies
- Developing Skills, Understanding and Confidence of Others in E-learning
- A/V Production
- Converging Digital Technologies
- Graphic Design and Imagery
- Introduction to Website Production
- Mobile IT Technologies
The learner will be allocated a dedicated tutor/assessor who will work closely with both learner and employer to ensure the level and units selected are most suited to their individual role and organisational priorities. The Tutor/Assessor will visit the learner every 4-6 weeks in their workplace to assess progress and also set objectives for the next period. The learner will be assigned project work specific to their elected units, as well as be expected to gather evidence from their day to day role to demonstrate application of their new skills. They may be expected to attend seminars/workshops in addition to work based learning which will focus on the knowledge element of the qualification and support in developing understanding, skill and experience in this area.
In order to successfully complete the qualification learners will undertake a project relevant to their individual role and learning environment. They will acquire the knowledge, tools and techniques associated with each unit that they will then implement in their current work environment. The project work assigned and evidence gathered will be reviewed during the regular 1-2-1 meetings with tutors/assessors and used for assessment purposes. Gower College Swansea utilises Smart Assessor which is an online Apprenticeship management tool enabling provider, learner and employer to effectively track learner progress.
On completion of this Level 3 qualification, the learner will have the option to progress on to a higher level qualification in the relevant field.
On completion of the Level 3 diploma in Digital Application Support, the learner will have the option to gain a Microsoft recognised professional certificate.
The qualification is delivered by tutor/assessors who have exceptional experience in both practical application of Digital Learning Design methodology and in delivering tailored support to each individual learner.
This course is fully funded (for eligible candidates). For more information contact 01792 284400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org