The Level 3 Information Security Professionals qualification will give candidates the skills, knowledge and competence required to work as information security professionals in a wide range of workplaces. Information Security is now one of the most important concerns for organisations of all size and sector. These qualifications provide a means to increase the number of skilled security professionals in Wales and upskill individuals currently working in IT who hold responsibility for information security.
Added April 2019
The qualification is aimed at those:
- Responsible for planning, implementing, upgrading and monitoring security measures for the protection of computer networks and information
- Responsible for protecting information from unauthorised access and compromise, making sure it is kept secure and only disclosed or shared in compliance with relevant standards and legislation
- Responsible for the creation of secure software, implementing secure programming techniques
- Responsible for the evaluation of computer and network security by simulating attacks on a computer system or network from external and internal threats
- Health and Safety in IT
- Principles of Information Governance and Assurance
- Professional Practice in an IT Context
- Optional Units:
- Carrying out Information Security Risk Assessment
- Carrying out Information Security Audits
- Testing IT & Telecoms Systems
- Creating Procedural Software
- IT System Management
- Managing Software Development
- Networking Principles
- Systems Architecture
- Principles of Secure System Development
- IT System Security
- IT Technical Advice and Guidance
- Remote Support for IT Products and Services
The learner will be allocated a dedicated tutor/assessor who will work closely with both learner and employer to ensure the level and units selected are most suited to their individual role and organisational priorities. The Tutor/Assessor will visit the learner every 4-6 weeks in their workplace to assess progress and also set objectives for the next period. The learner will be assigned project work specific to their elected units, as well as be expected to gather evidence from their day to day role to demonstrate application of their new skills. They may be expected to attend seminars/workshops in addition to work based learning which will focus on the knowledge element of the qualification and support in developing understanding, skill and experience in this area.
In order to successfully complete the qualification learners will undertake a project relevant to their individual role and learning environment. They will acquire the knowledge, tools and techniques associated with each unit that they will then implement in their current work environment. The project work assigned and evidence gathered will be reviewed during the regular 1-2-1 meetings with tutors/assessors and used for assessment purposes. Gower College Swansea utilises Smart Assessor which is an online Apprenticeship management tool enabling provider, learner and employer to effectively track learner progress.
On completion of this Level 3 qualification, the learner will have the option to progress on to a higher level qualification in the relevant field.
On completion of the Level 3 diploma in Information Security, the learner will have the option to gain a Microsoft recognised professional certificate.
The qualification is delivered by tutors/assessors who have exceptional experience in both practical application of Information Security methodology and in delivering tailored support to each individual learner.
This course is fully funded (for eligible candidates). For more information contact 01792 284400 or email email@example.com