This three year course will develop your knowledge, skills and understanding of painting and decorating.
You will complete six Built Environment core units as well as trade specific modules.
Core units include:
- Introduction to the built environment
- Introduction to the trades in the construction sector
- The built environment life cycle
- Health and safety
- Emerging technololgy.
The trade-specific modules are:
- Repairing surfaces
- Applying coatings to surfaces
- Hanging wall coverings
- Creating and applying colour.
One or more of the following qualifications:
- Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Painting and Decorating
- GCSE grade A*-D in Maths and English
- Welsh Baccalaureate National Diploma
- Foundation Qualification in Construction and Building Services Engineering
- Essential Skills Wales or Key Skills in Communication and Application of Number at level 1 or above.
- Merit, Level 2 WJEC level 1/2 Vocational award in designing the Built Environment
- WJEC A/AS Built Environment GCE
- Merit, Pearson BTEC level 1 or level 2 Tech Award in Construction and the Built Environment
Employment or self-employment.