Begin your journey to the best universities...
Oxbridge Preparation Programme
A well established programme which provides the best possible preparation for acceptance to Oxford, Cambridge and other Russell Group universities.
43 Gower College Swansea students have been accepted to study at Oxford or Cambridge in the last six years – an outstanding number from one institution.
- Weekly tutorials
- Visit Cambridge and Oxford universities and stay overnight at one of the colleges
- Preparation interviews with Oxbridge alumni and local academic professionals
- Aptitude test and assessment preparation for all subjects requiring them.
At the invitation of the University of Cambridge we are the only college in Wales that runs the HE+ programme.
HE+ develops academic skills and encourages students to challenge themselves and each other in a supportive environment. The programme inspires students to aim high when making university choices.
The programme is also supported by the Welsh Government’s Seren Programme.
- Monthly extension classes to experience subjects at university level
- Visit the University of Cambridge and its constituent colleges
- Receive support in preparing applications to highly selective universities.
Applications for Medicine
Students who have expressed an interest in medical sciences, veterinary science and pharmacy are given weekly tutorial sessions which focus on careers, work shadowing, guests speakers and applications to university. They also provide the opportunity for students to discuss current ethical issues and medical breakthroughs and to receive advice on interview techniques.
Students can gain interview experience and help with their course from Gower College Swansea alumni who are now qualified and progressing in their careers.
The College has strong links with local hospitals and other care providers with regular talks from consultants and GPs.
Applications to Performing Arts Institutions
We will guide you through the application process and prepare you for auditions and interviews.
Updated December 2017