This qualification is ideal for you if you are just starting out in a new job and want to learn how to carry out basic administrative tasks. It can also be used as a tool to help you regain confidence if you are returning to work after a lengthy career break.
The QCF/ NVQ offers a range of job-specific optional units covering topics such as:
- using office equipment
- using a filing system
- assisting in handling mail
- making and receiving telephone calls
- using e-mail
- using occupational health and safety guidelines when using keyboards
- working with other people in a business environment
- meeting and welcoming visitors
- manage own performance in a business environment
- improve own performance in a business environment
The City & Guilds Level 1 QCF/NVQ Certificate in Business and Administration is aimed at those:
- still learning and performing daily tasks in business and administration
- working in an administrative role within an organisation.
The qualification can help you learn, build on your knowledge and experience. It can also assist in improving your skills, confidence and prospects of getting a more suitable role and career progression.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will have:
- attained an accredited qualification
- a QCF qualification that gives you greater flexibility when studying and allows you to transfer credits across qualifications. You will be awarded credits for each unit you complete.
- the ability to apply the knowledge gained from the course to your work