Learners will be expected to possess a sound knowledge and experience of administration systems in the workplace. This qualification is ideal if you want to gain a qualification which recognises and confirms your skills and competence in a range of administrative tasks or if you are aspiring to progress to a supervisory or team leading role in the future.
The QCF/ NVQ offers a wide range of job-specific optional units covering topics such as:
- using office equipment
- producing documents
- storing and retrieving information
- handling mail
- making and receiving telephone calls
- using electronic message systems
- providing reception services
- meeting and welcoming visitors
- using diary systems
- researching, organising and reporting data
- solving business problems
- supporting the organisation and/or the co-ordination of an event
- supporting the organisation of business travel or accommodation
- maintaining and issuing stock items
The City & Guilds Level 2 QCF/NVQ Certificate in Business and Administration is aimed at those:
- performing daily tasks in business and administration and wish to develop and enhance their skills and knowledge further
- already working in an administrative role within an organisation.
The qualification can help you build on your existing experience and improve your skills and prospects of getting a more senior role in the workplace.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will have:
- attained an accredited qualification
- a QCF qualification that gives you greater flexibility when studying and allows you to transfer credits across qualifications. You will be awarded credits for each unit you complete.
- the ability to apply the knowledge gained from the course to your work