Trosolwg o’r Cwrs
The Electrical Installation sector continues to suffer from a skills gap and needs to keep up with rapidly developing technologies.
This qualification is intended for those learners who want to work as electricians in the Electrical Installation sector. This qualification alone does not make candidates fully qualified electricians.
The qualification allows candidates to learn, develop and practise their skills required for employment and/or career progression in the sector. To achieve the Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation learners must successfully complete all seven mandatory units:
- 201/501 - Health and safety in building services engineering
- 301 - Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- 302 - Principles of electrical science
- 303 - Electrical installations fault diagnosis and rectification
- 304 - Electrical installations: inspection, testing and commissioning.
- 305 - Electrical systems design.
- 308 - Career awareness in building services engineering
Entry is subject to an interview process and candidates must meet college requirements.
Candidates should already hold the Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations, City & Guilds 2365 or EAL 6724 qualification.
Acceptance is based upon the individual's merit and above criteria.
Dull Addysgu’r Cwrs
The structure of this qualification is a combination of both practical and theoretical elements. Both will be assessed via written and practical assignments and online multiple choice examinations.
On successful completion of the Level 3, learners can progress onto the following qualifications:
• Electrical Installation Apprenticeship - Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation
• Level 3 Certificate in the Requirements for Electrical Installations (BS 7671 2008)
• Level 3 Award in the Internal Quality Assessment and Certification of Electrical Installations
• Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations.
• Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations
• BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering
• Level 4 Electrical Engineering BTEC HNC
Personal protective clothing (boots and overalls) and basic Electrical Installation tool kit is essential.