This is a NEW* course aimed at those returning to study for progression into Higher Education or to enhance career opportunities within computing. You will study a range of mandatory and optional units that contribute to your Access to HE Diploma.
Mandatory units include:
- Investigative project
- Mathematics for computing
- Information systems
- Software development
- Computer systems and network architecture
- Computer design and website development (optional units within this route)
- Communication skills for Access to HE
- Delivering oral presentations
- Algebra and graphs
* This course will be offered from September 2017
Updated May 2017
Applicants are likely to be returning to learning and can study Access programmes from a wide variety of backgrounds.
All applicants will be interviewed to determine suitability to the demands of the programme that take into account the applicant's (i) aims and goals (ii) life experience (iii) educational experience. Candidates will be advised if alternative Level 3 routes are more appropriate to their aims.
Applicants may also be initially advised to consider our Pre-Access Level 2 programme to further prepare them and advise their suitability for study upon this Level 3 pathway.
This new 60-credit Access Diploma is continually assessed by completing a combination of mandatory and optional units.
Assessment methods will include a variety of project and assignment work, essays, presentations, research projects and tests. You will be required to maintain your course file to the required standard for the Agored awarding body.
The course requires a high level of commitment to the various continually assessed units for successful completion.
Following the successful completion of this course you will be able to apply to Higher Education for a wide range of computing related pathways such as:
- IT Management for Business Foundation Degree at Gower College Swansea
- Foundation degrees in ICT
- BSc in Computing / IT Management
- Possible Higher Apprenticeships within ICT