Level 1 Diploma Introduction to Vehicle Systems Maintenance
On this one year course you will study the basic principles of mechanical and electrical systems used in motor vehicle technology. It will give you an insight into a career in the motor vehicle service and repair industry and encourage you to undertake maintenance and repair tasks.
- Engine Lubrication Systems
- Engine Cooling Systems
- Fuel and Exhaust Systems
- Spark Ignition System
- Electrical Systems
- Braking Systems
- Steering and Suspension Systems
- Wheels and Tyre Systems
- Transmission Systems
- Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices used in the Automotive Environment.
- Bench and Sheet Metal Work Skills
- Development of digital literacy, literacy and numeracy skills.
- GCSEs grades D-E including English Language, Mathematics and Science
- A keen interest in the subject
- You may be required to undertake an aptitude test if the GCSE requirements are not achieved to ensure you have sound understanding of literacy and numeracy.
Successful learners may have the opportunity to further their studies and progress onto our Level 2 year 1 Vehicle Maintenance programme.
The following items are essential equipment for completion of the course:
- PPE conforming to British standards safety standards
- Assorted stationery
- Electude electronic learning package licence.