Level 3 Diploma Business Express
This one-year course is equivalent to two A Levels and is usually studied with the completion of a full A2 subject.
This course includes the opportunity for learners to investigate a range of topics reflecting the progression pathways in business. The learning programme covers the following content areas: business environments, finance, marketing, international business, management and human resources.
The BTEC Business course aims to give students:
- Practical experiences from real world assignments
- Opportunities to take responsibility for their own learning
- A strong core base of knowledge
- Opportunities to develop interpersonal and practical thinking skills
- Knowledge of how to work to a brief with set deadlines, supporting their time management abilities.
You should study BTEC Business if:
- You prefer a more practical way of learning
- You have an interest in running your own business
- You are prepared to take guidance to become independent and active learners.
- A minimum of five GCSEs at grades A*-C
- To include English Language and Mathematics
- An AS-level subject, which can be continued to completion at A2.
- Internally assessed units
- Externally assessed controlled assessment units
- Externally assessed examination unit.
- Internal assessment (55%)
- External assessment (45%)
Units are assessed using a grading scale of Distinction (D), Merit (M), Pass (P), Near Pass (N) and Unclassified (U). The Near Pass is used for externally assessed units only. Qualifications are graded using a scale of PP to D*D*.
Staying with Gower College Swansea, you could progress to a Higher Education course in a business or accounting related qualification. Successful completion of the BTEC provides learners with UCAS points and is recognised by universities for studying degrees. Learners can also progress into employment, training and apprenticeships in roles in the fields of marketing, administration, finance, financial services, procurement, events management, human resources and other related areas in the business sector.