On this one year course you will learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the electrical installation sector.
To achieve the Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation learners must successfully complete all seven mandatory units:
- 201/501 - Health and Safety in Building Services Engineering
- 301 - Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- 302 - Principles of Electrical Science
- 303 - Electrical Installations, Fault Diagnosis and Rectification
- 304 - Electrical Installations: Inspection, Testing and Commissioning
- 305 - Electrical Systems Design
- 308 - Career awareness in building services engineering
Updated November 2018
The structure of this qualification is a combination of both practical and theoretical elements. Both will be assessed via written and practical assignments and online multiple choice examinations.
Personal protective clothing (boots and overalls) and basic Electrical Installation tool kit is essential.