This is a one year course introducing you to the electrical installation industry. Areas of study include:
- Electrical installation wiring and terminations
- Fabrication techniques for electrical installation
- Electrical science and technology
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Structure of the construction industry
- Safe working practices.
Updated November 2019
Subject to interview based on GCSEs, equivalent qualifications and own merit.
A Grade C in GCSE Maths and English is preferred although not essential.
The structure of this qualification is a combination of practical and theoretical elements. Both will be assessed via written and practical assignments.
Electrical Installation or Engineering (Level 2 Diploma).
Personal protective clothing (boots and overalls) and basic Electrical Installation tool kit is essential.