This course is suitable for anyone with an interest in a career in building services. New requirements of building regulations mean that the role of the building services professional has become increasingly important in the construction design team.
Updated January 2017
A Level = DD
BTEC Level 3 Diploma = MP
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma = PPP
Access = Pass
In addition, students would be expected to have a C grade in Maths and a Science subject at GCSE. All students will need to have an interview.
Recognition of prior learning
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David welcomes applications on the basis of prior learning, further details can be found on their website.
First year modules:
- applied mathematics for construction and the built environment
- building information modelling and CAD
- construction technology 1
- health and safety for the construction industry
- academic and employability skills
- science, structural appreciation and materials
- design of electrical installations
Second year modules:
- group project for the construction industry
- construction technology 2
- management principles and application for construction and the built environment
- property inspection adaptation and refurbishment
- refrigeration and air conditioning
- building services design, installation and maintenance in construction
Assessment is via assignments and examinations.
The qualification opens up career opportunities in consulting, contracting and manufacturing in both the public and private sector. Students can also progress onto the BEng at University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
UCAS course code: 29JW
Most students will pay £2,900 per year (course fees are £9,000 - some of this is paid by the Welsh Government for Welsh students. For 17/18, students will need to pay or get a tuition fee loan for the first £3,900. The college is offering a £1,000 bursary towards this for full time courses starting in September 2017.)
For information on financial support, including tuition fee loans and fee grants, visit www.studentfinancewales.co.uk