This course is suitable for anyone interested in a career in electrical/electronic engineering, with a responsibility for the design, installation, commissioning and operation of engineering services.
Updated January 2017
Recognition of prior learning
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David welcomes applications on the basis of prior learning, further details can be found on their website.
This course is delivered over two academic years.
First year modules are:
- electrical and electronic principles
- computer engineering and microprocessors
- dynamics, control and instrumentation
- design of electrical installations
- academic and employability skills
- electro hydraulics and pneumatics
Second year modules are:
- programmable logic controllers
- management innovation and sustainability
- electrical power
- group project
- electrical principles theory
- digital signal processing and communications
The qualification opens up career opportunities in consulting, contracting and manufacturing in both the public and private sector. Students can also progress onto the BEng at University of Wales Trinity Saint David.