Duration: Two years
The general focus of this programme is to enable students to gain vocational experience whilst developing an expansive knowledge of sports management issues and concepts within the context of the wider leisure industry environment.
Updated September 2020
Year 1 covers:
- Fitness and Well-being Management
- Research Methods and Learning in a Digital Era
- Sport Event Management
- Sporting Organisations and Leadership
- Sport, Physical Activity and Society
- Sports Coaching and Performance Reviews
Year 2 covers:
- Applied Coaching and High-Performance Cultures
- Community Sports Planning and Delivery
- Managing the Professional and Elite Sports Environment
- Sports Infrastructure, Design and Operation
- The Cultural Sporting World
- Work Placement and Building a Personal Brand for Sustainable Employment
A minimum of 48 UCAS points - the UCAS code for this course is S85Q
Students will also work towards coaching qualifications, a Level 2 Gym Instructor qualification and a safety steward qualification.
Work placement takes place in Year 2 and is 120 hours.
Assessments include phased tests, reports, portfolios, practical activity, work logs, reflective writing and presentations.
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David welcomes applications on the basis of prior learning, further details can be found at Academic Office | UWTSD