Subject to revalidation
Duration: Two years
The general focus of this programme is to enable students to gain vocational experience whilst developing an expansive knowledge of sports management issues and concepts within the context of the wider leisure industry environment.
Updated September 2020
Year 1 covers:
- Sports coaching
- Fitness and sport industries
- Sports marketing
- An introduction to sports development
- Managing sports organisations
- Research methods and professional development
Year 2 covers:
- Sports coaching and workforce management
- Stadium and sports facilities management
- Managing performance and elite sports environments
- Community sports development
- Sustainable employability and empowerment skills
A minimum of 48 UCAS points - the UCAS code for this course is S85Q
Recognition of prior learning
Students will also work towards coaching qualifications, a Level 2 Gym Instructor qualification and a safety steward qualification.
Work experience is a vital part of the course with six placements completed during the two years, as well as two curriculum trips and field trips each year.
Assessments include phased tests, reports, portfolios, practical activity, work logs, reflective writing and presentations.