The general focus of this programme is to enable students to gain vocational experience whilst developing an expansive knowledge of sports management issues and concepts within the context of the wider leisure industry environment.
Updated March 2017
Year 1 covers:
- Sports coaching
- Fitness and exercise studies
- Sports marketing
- An introduction to sports development
- Managing sports organisations
- Research methods and professional development
Year 2 covers:
- Sports coaching and workforce management
- Stadia and sports facilities management
- Managing performance and elite sports environments
- Community sports development
- Sustainable development
A minimum of 80 UCAS points - the UCAS code for this course is S85Q
Recognition of prior learning
Students will also work towards coaching qualifications, a Level 2 Gym Instructor qualification and a safety steward qualification.
Work experience is a vital part of the course with six placements completed during the two years, as well as two curriculum trips and field trips each year. A DBS check may be required for the placement element of this course at an approximate cost of £44.
Marc O'Kelly on 01792 294042 or 01792 890786 / email@example.com