Professional Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care Level 4/5
This professional framework for leadership and management in health and social care services is for those practicing in a management or deputy management role, or a team leader/supervisory position.
Achievement at this level reflects the ability to identify and use relevant understanding, methods and skills to address broadly-defined, complex problems. It includes taking responsibility for planning and developing courses of action, as well as exercising autonomy and judgement within broad parameters.
Applicants will be required to be in a position that provides real life work opportunities that meets the criteria. Applicants should ideally have completed the apprenticeship frameworks at Levels 2 and 3, and those who have not completed these qualifications must have significant experience working in a supervisory or management position with the sector.
The job roles covered by this framework do involve working with vulnerable adults and children.
The framework consists of:
• Pathway 1 Level 4 – Professional Practice in Health and Social Care
• Pathway 2 Level 4 – Independent Advocacy, a practicing advocate
• Pathway 3 Level 4 – Social Services Practitioner
• Pathway 4 Level 4 – Adult placement / shared lives
• Pathway 5 Level 5 – Leadership and Management of Health and Social Care: Practice, a practicing manager or deputy manager position
• Level 2 Essential Skills in Communication (minimum requirement)
• Level 2 Essential Skills Application of Number (minimum requirement)