The Level 1 Diploma General Recycling Operative underpins a broad range of occupational roles in the collection, transport, treatment and final management of waste and resources.
The Level 1 Diploma is aimed at a range of operator job roles including:
- Waste Collection Driver / Loader
- Recyclables Collection Driver / Loader
- Weighbridge Operative
- Compost Operative
- Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) Operative
- Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs) Operative
- Recycling Operative - Reception and Segregation
- Processing or a Waste Electrical and Electronic
- Equipment (WEEE) Processing Pathway
- Manual / Mechanical Street Cleanser
- Team Leader
Achievement of the qualification demonstrates competence by the learner to operate appropriately and in accordance with employment requirements whilst undertaking a wide range of occupational roles in the recycling industry. It is assessed ‘on-the-job’ and learning will take place naturally as part of the normal working environment and routine.