Foundation Degree in Criminal Justice
Duration: Two years
This course is subject to revalidation
This course will provide a clear progression route for Level 3 learners who have studied Criminology and related fields. The course is designed to widen access to this field by delivering a broad skills base including the development of work based skills, having completed a work placement within a related field e.g. Probation Services, Youth Offending and Drug and Alcohol Abuse teams. This is an ideal programme for learners who wish to study in a small, supported environment.
Updated October 2022
48 UCAS points
DD/EEE A Level
PPP National Extended Diploma
MP National Diploma
Access to HE Diploma - pass
Assessment is by assignment, presentations, case studies, examinations and research in a work based setting. The course includes placement modules.
- Understanding Crime, Victims and Society
- Understanding Criminal Justice
- Criminological Theory
- Criminal Law
- Mental Health and Well Being
- Researching Crime and Criminal Justice 1
Level 5 (Year 2):
- Research Methods and Stats
- Contemporary Issues in Substance Misuse
- Criminal and Social Justice within the Community
- Legal Systems and Sources
You could progress to the University of South Wales to complete the third year and, therefore, the full degree.
How to apply?
You will need to apply via UCAS (UCAS code is LM3M)
Click here to apply
Accreditation of Prior Learning
Student may be able to gain recognition for previous learning. Please contact for advice if you feel this may be relevant, further information is available here
Fees for this course are £7,500 per year. Further information for Wales: http://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk
Receive a £1000 College bursary per year (subject to satisfactory progression)
There may be additional costs associated with this course i.e:
- travel to and from college, or placement
- photocopying, stationery and equipment costs (e.g. USB sticks)
- printing and binding
- gowns for graduation ceremonies
- £38 towards a DBS check for the work placement
*Please note that the tuition fees stated are for the 2023-24 academic year and are subject to increase for future years of study. Please see the university’s website for further information.