Working for Us
Gower College Swansea aims to be an employer of choice in the region and as such we have developed a range of excellent staff benefits including:
- A generous annual leave entitlement
- Teaching Staff - 46 days, plus bank holidays and up to 5 efficiency days at Christmas
- Support Staff 28 - 32 days, plus bank holidays and up to 5 efficiency days at Christmas
- Membership of a Pension Scheme is offered to all staff with generous employer contributions.
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Teacher’s Pension Scheme
Substantially discounted gym membership
The Sport Centre at Tycoch has a fully equipped conditioning studio boasting tread climbers, treadmills, bicycles, free weights, rowing machines and elliptical trainers. We have a power room and boxing area a multi-purpose sports hall and squash courts. In addition to this we offer a programme of classes including Spin, Circuits and Pilates at £2.50 a class. All of this is offered for an extremely competitive annual membership fee of £60 per year.
Employee Assistance Programme
College staff have access to a confidential impartial advice and support service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The service is free to staff to access whenever it is needed. The support provided includes legal and well being advice as well as a counselling service.
Additional benefits include:
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible working
- Commitment to equality and diversity
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health care cash plan
- Discounted study opportunities on College programmes
- Access to holistic and complementary therapy treatments and facilities.