This IPL and laser treatment course is a part time programme providing training and assessment in the theory and practice of Laser and IPL.
Updated July 2017
This IPL / laser treatment course is suitable for students with anatomy and physiology, as part of Level 3 Beauty Therapy, or a nursing qualification or appropriate previous experience. A well presented personal appearance is essential. Students should be 18 years and over.
On this IPL / laser treatment course you will study:
- Core of knowledge, procedures for controlled areas, PPE
- Consultation requirements, Fitzpatrick assessment
- GP referral, drugs guidance
- Anatomy and physiology of the skin and hair, endocrine and circulatory systems
- Skin conditions
- Local rules, treatment protocols
- Laser/IPL physics, laser classification
- Practical treatments, assessments and case studies
The course covers a range of practical assessments along with written assignments and skills evidence. A portfolio of evidence will be produced. You will attend college one day per week (Thursday) between 11.30pm and 18.30pm for 15 weeks. There is then a period of three weeks to complete all assignments and a portfolio of evidence. You will be expected to complete a minimum of three hours per week of independent study.
Upon successful completion you can progress onto other Level 4 courses or the full time Foundation Degree Advanced Therapies and Spa Management or beauty therapy courses.
Students have to attend a compulsory guidance session prior to enrolling. Students will be required to purchase their own kit / uniform if they don’t already have them. Order forms will be given in the guidance session.