This qualification is designed to introduce counselling skills. Learners intending to become practicing counsellors should progress to other BTEC qualifications. Learners will not be able to progress to employment as a counsellor on completion of this certificate.
The course is designed to provide:
- Education and training for those who may use counselling skills when working with others
- Opportunities for those who may use counselling skills when working with others to achieve a nationally-recognised, Level 2, vocationally-specific qualification
- Opportunities for learners to gain a nationally-recognised, vocationally-specific qualification to assist in entering employment in fields working with people or to progress to further vocational qualifications such as the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Certificate or Diploma in Counselling Skills
- The knowledge, understanding and skills learners need as an introduction to counselling skills
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
Updated November 2018
Qualification credit value: 16 credits.
Minimum credits to be achieved at the level of the qualification: 16 credits.
All credits must be achieved from the units listed in this specification.
TycochCourse deliverable in Welsh: