The preparation for CSWIP 3.0 Visual Welding Inspector course is designed for welders, operators, line inspectors, and foremen who carry out the visual examination of welded joints. It is also suitable for welding quality control staff and anyone who needs basic training in welding inspection alongside a qualification.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Identify various weld imperfections (defects)
- Understand the relevant welding technology related to visual inspection
- Understand the need for documentation in welding
- Be aware of codes and standards related to inspection requirements
- Carry out inspection of parent materials and consumables
- Carry out visual inspection of welds, report on them and assess their compliance with specified acceptance criteria
- Pass the CSWIP Visual Welding Inspector examination.
Explore this location in 3D
There are no specific entry requirements for this course, but it is recommended that candidates have at least 6 months’ welding-related engineering experience and 2 years’ industrial experience.
ASME IX/ BSEN ISO 9606 weld Testing, work and progression on a variety of coded welding contracts.
Progression onto the 3.1 inspection course will be approved.