This type of massage is non-invasive and can be performed on a chair fully clothed or on a massage couch using selected oils. This treatment is versatile and can be used in various settings from call centres to spas. It is an effective way of relieving a variety of aliments including stress related conditions amongst others, and can open up many opportunities for the practitioner.
This is a two-day course (with one day assessment) and a Practitioner’s Certificate is awarded upon successful completion.
Updated June 2018
Students must have completed the Swedish Massage course
- The history and origins of Indian Head Massage
- Preparation for Indian Head massage including: therapist and client preparation and work area positioning, hair and scalp assessment and the selection of tools and equipment required
- Communication techniques and consultation process, treatment planning and recording objectives and outcomes
- Health and safety
- Contra-indications and contra-actions
- Aftercare and home care advice
- Practical demonstration and activity of routine
- Written assessment
- Practical assessment.
Kits will be discussed at interview.