The following are all mandatory units:
- Unit 1 Working Safely in an Engineering Environment
- Unit 2 Working Efficiently and Effectively in Engineering
- Unit 3 Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Unit 32 Producing electrical engineering drawing using a CAD system
- Unit 33 Wiring and Testing Electrical Equipment and Circuits
- Unit 34 Forming and Assembling Electrical Cable Enclosure and Support Systems
No formal qualifications required but good literacy, numeracy and I.T. skills would be an advantage.
The course is assessed by compiling a portfolio of evidence consisting of underpinning knowledge questions and observations of practical activities.
The course gives you a foundation qualification and practical experience before progressing to a higher qualification in the electrical industry.
Personal Protective Equipment is needed i.e. boots and overalls plus a scientific calculator and relevant course books.