The course is primarily designed for students already employed in the sector and offers a real opportunity for them to develop their skills and knowledge to help advance their careers.
Updated January 2017
Two A Levels (minimum grade C in maths and a science subject), BTEC Level 3 or equivalent. All students will need to attend an interview.
Recognition of prior learning
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David welcomes applications on the basis of prior learning, further details can be found on their website.
First year modules:
- applied mathematics for construction and the built environment
- construction technology 1
- health and safety for the construction industry
- academic and employability skills
Second year modules:
- building information modelling and CAD
- science, structural appreciation and materials
- design of electrical installations
- group project
Assessment is via assignments and examinations.
The qualification opens up career opportunities in consulting, contracting and manufacturing in both the public and private sector. Students can also progress to the HND and subsequently would have the opportunity to move onto to the BEng at University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
Employed students will pay £1080 per year. For information on financial support, including tuition fee loans and fee grants visit www.studentfinancewales.co.uk