This course is suitable for those who are involved in NVQ assessing and require a recognised qualification.
As an assessor you will be required to complete three units:
- Understand the principles and practices of assessment:
The aim of this unit is to assess the learning and development practitioner’s knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of assessment.
- Assess occupational competence in the work environment:
The aim of this unit is to assess a learning and development practitioner’s performance in carrying out assessments of occupational competence in a work environment.
- Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding:
The aim of this unit is to assess the learning and development of practitioner’s performance in carrying out the assessment of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding outside of the work environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will:
- Understand assessment requirements and develop realistic assessment plans for learning and assessing candidates.
- Support candidates to access fair, safe, valid and reliable assessment in line with relevant legislation.
- Use a variety of assessment methods in different situations.
- Know how to use standardisation and internal quality assurance procedures to enhance assessment skills.
Candidates will need to compile a portfolio of evidence to prove their competence as an assessor. Course participants will be supplied with an outline portfolio which they then prepare and work on during taught sessions and fully complete when assessing at least three candidates.