This level introduces the learner to manual and computerised payroll systems.
- Fundamentals of employment legislation for payroll
- Composition of an employee payroll record
- Elements of gross pay
- Statutory and non-statutory payments and additions
- Termination of employment
- Creating an employee payroll record
- Calculate gross pay
- Payroll processing
- Processing leavers
- Computerised payroll theory and skills
- Statutory and non-statutory reporting of payroll data
Ideally, students should have one or two GCSE Grades A-C however, common sense and an aptitude for numbers and estimation are more important. Open to students of all ages
All tuition is based around classroom lecturers by highly qualified and experienced members of staff. Assessment is by continuous assessment through the course. No formal examinations.
The course also provides a qualification that employers are looking for.