Equality and Diversity
At Gower College Swansea, we believe that having a diverse workforce that reflects our student and local communities brings about positive change and improves performance. We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive organisation and are proud to be the winner of the Healthy Working Wales Best Diversity and Inclusion Initiative in 2021.
At Gower College Swansea, we are proud to have a working LGBTQ+ network that we work with to promote LGBTQ+ rights and inclusivity across the College.
Our Equality and Diversity Working Group meets regularly to discuss ways in which we can become a more inclusive and diverse organisation and we hold regular events and initiatives throughout the year. Our key equality objectives are:
- To improve our recruitment levels and promotional opportunities for staff who are underrepresented as BAME, LGBTQ+, disabled.
- To be an inclusive employer and community for all our staff and learners.
- To improve our data collection and monitoring.
- To continue to raise awareness of equality and diversity issues amongst staff and learners.
- To close the gender pay gap.
We welcome applications from individuals regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. We particularly welcome applications from groups currently under represented within our organisation.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview please let us know.