I can’t seem to log on to Moodle or the external email system.
If you are unable to log in to Moodle, there could be a number of reasons. Use the following list of questions to assess what the issue might be.
- Are your password and username correct?
- Has your password expired?
There is a very strong possibility that if you are unable to log in and you are sure your username and password are correct, that your password has expired. Every staff and student password currently expires every 90 days and you will then need to change your password in order to use Moodle, external email and the college network.
If you are unsure if your password has expired, use the password expiry checker which will tell you if your password is still valid.
My password is still valid and I still can’t log on to Moodle.
Firstly please check that you have Cookies enabled in your internet browser (e.g. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer) as Moodle requires them to be enabled for logon.
If you are a new student or staff member then you will need to log on to a college PC in order to change your password for the first time.
If you have any further issues try changing your password or contact the Computer Services department on 01792 284082.
My password is still valid and I want to change it. How do I do this?
There are currently a couple of ways to do this.
- Change your password or reset your password online.
- Log in to a college network computer with your current username and expired password. You can then change your password by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and selecting ‘Change Password’.
- If your password is still current – i.e. it has not expired – you may login to the college external email and change your password through the Options section.
My password has expired or I've forgotten it. How do I reset/change it?
If your password has expired there is a way to reset it:
- Perform a password reset online.
- Log in to a college network computer with your current username and expired password. You will then be prompted to change your password.