This three year course will develop your knowledge, skills and understanding of bricklaying.
You will complete six Built Environment core units as well as trade specific modules.
Core units include:
- Introduction to the built environment
- Introduction to the trades in the construction sector
- The built environment life cycle
- Health and safety
- Emerging technololgy.
The trade specific modules are:
- Setting out masonry structures
- Erecting masonry structures
- Erecting masonry cladding
- Erecting masonry to form architectural or decorative structures and placing and compactig concrete.
One or more of the following qualifications:
- Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Bricklaying
- GCSE grade A*-D in Maths and English
- Welsh Baccalaureate National Diploma
- Foundation Qualification in Construction and Building Services Engineering
- Essential Skills Wales or Key Skills in Communication and Application of Number at level 1 or above
- Merit, Level 2 WJEC level 1/2 Vocational award in designing the Built Environment
- WJEC A/AS Built Environment GCE
- Merit, Pearson BTEC level 1 or level 2 Tech Award in Construction and the Built Environment.
Employment or self-employment.
Jubilee CourtCourse deliverable in Welsh: