This three year course will develop your knowledge, skills and understanding of plastering.
You will complete six Built Environment core units as well as trade specific modules.
Core units include:
- Introduction to the built environment
- Introduction to the trades in the construction sector
- The built environment life cycle
- Health and safety
- Emerging technololgy.
The trade specific modules are:
- Producing internal solid plastering finishes
- Applying a solid render to background surfaces
- Producing finishes
- Applying plaster to complex internal surfaces
- Installing plasterboard
- Laying floor screed systems.
You must be aged 16 or over and currently be working in the trade area.
You must have passed all relevant sector-specific entry assessments (where appropriate).
You must also possess one or more of the following qualifications:
- GCSE grade A-C in each of the following: a communication subject (English or Welsh), Maths, and either a science or technical-based subject (e.g. Design & Technology, Electronics etc.)
- GCSE grade A-C in WJEC GCSE Built Environment
- Welsh Baccalaureate National Diploma
- Level 2 Foundation in Construction and the Built Environment qualification
- Level 2 Access to Building Services Engineering qualification
- Level 2 Progression in Building Services Engineering qualification
- Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating
- NVQ Level 2 in Plumbing and Heating.
Employment or self-employment.
Jubilee CourtCourse deliverable in Welsh: