This qualification is aimed at individuals who are undertaking a career in a customer facing role. It is suitable for those who have just started a job, for those who are changing their career path and for those who want recognition of their skills and experience.
- Demonstrate understanding of customer service
- Demonstrate understanding of the rules that impact on improvements in customer service
You will be able to choose from a range of optional units to complete the qualification. Your assessor will help you identify the most appropriate units for your individual role.
Example of units:
- Deliver customer service using service partnerships
- Deliver customer service to difficult customers
- Monitor and solve customer service problems
- Organise the promotion of additional services or products to customers
- Support customer service improvements
- Implement quality improvements to customer service
- Application of number Level 2
- Communication Level 2
- Employment rights and responsibilities
This qualification is highly regarded by employers as it demonstrates your knowledge and, most importantly, your practical competence. This will put you in a strong position when applying for supervisory or managerial positions. You may be interested in pursuing another award that may be applicable to your occupational area like business administration or management.
- Course work/portfolio of evidence
- Observations in the work environment
- Professional discussions
Apprentices are assigned a training mentor, who will visit them regularly to ensure they are happy with their progress and that they are on track to achieve.
The course should take up to two years however, candidates work at their own pace so can achieve as quickly as they wish, taking into account an appropriate level of contact with their assessor.