This two year course examines a variety of current and topical issues in the health and social care sector. Topics in the first year are likely to include:
- Human growth and development
- Diseases and disorders and how they may be prevented
- Promoting quality care and communication
- Promoting good health
- Engagement strategies to support individuals in a range of care settings
- Understanding human behaviour
- Understanding mental health and wellbeing
- Promoting the rights of adults, children and young people
These qualifications will require a set work placement.
Five GCSEs at grade C or above including English, Maths and Science. You must complete a DBS prior to enrolling on the course. Cost is approximately £40.
You will also study literacy and numeracy modules which will include Essential Skills Wales and other related qualifications which may include an exam.
Students are also required to undertake work placements (residential and nursing care, family centres and voluntary organisations).
Polo shirts are £10 and you will need two.
There may be additional costs involved for trips and these will be explained as they arise.