This two year course examines a variety of current and topical issues in the health and social care sector.
Areas of study include:
- factors that affect human growth and development
- common illnesses, diseases and disorders, and how they may be prevented and controlled
- provision of health and social care: adults, children's and young people's services
- promoting quality care and communication
- promoting good health.
- engagement strategies to support individuals in a range of care settings
- understanding human behaviour – psychological theories
- understanding mental health and well-being
- promoting the rights of adults, children and young people
You will study the Welsh Baccalaureate alongside this course. These qualifications will require a set work placement.
You must complete a DBS prior to enrolling on the course. Cost is approximately £40.
Elements of this course can be delivered through the medium of Welsh.
Updated October 2021
Five GCSEs at grade C or above including English, maths and science.
These qualifications will be assessed through a combination of two external written assessments and two non-exam assessments.
Foundation Degree in Early Childhood at Gower College Swansea.
Relevant careers sectors could include:
- Social Care
- Early Years
- Speech and Language therapy
- Occupational therapy
The qualifications could also lead to further education and training within the suite of Health and Social Care, and Childcare qualifications including:
- Level 3 Health and Social Care: Practice (Adults)
- Level 3 Health and Social Care: Practice (Children and Young People)
Polo shirts are £10 and you will need two.
There may be additional costs involved for trips and these will be explained as they arise.