Level 2 Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Foundation Apprenticeship
This two year course is specifically designed to equip aspiring vehicle technicians with a comprehensive understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems employed in motor vehicles.
Throughout the duration of this course, you will have the opportunity to acquire valuable knowledge and develop essential skills related to the vehicle operation, system maintenance, diagnostics, and repair.
- Health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- Support for job roles in the automotive work environment
- Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Introduction to vehicle technology and workshop methods and processes
- Carry out basic motor vehicle maintenance
- Light vehicle engine mechanical, lubrication and cooling system units and components
- Light vehicle fuel, ignition, air and exhaust systems units and components
- Removing and replacing light vehicle electrical units and components
- Removing and replacing light vehicle chassis units and components
- Routine light vehicle maintenance
- Light vehicle transmission and driveline units and components.
- Appropriate GCSEs at grade D or above including Mathematics and English Language
This combination of classroom based learning and on-the-job training allows you to develop a strong theoretical foundation while gaining practical experience under the guidance of experienced professionals. It ensures that you have a well-rounded education and are prepared for the demands of a career in motor vehicle maintenance and repair.
The following items are essential equipment for completion of the course:
- PPE conforming to British standards safety standards
- Assorted stationery
- Electude electronic learning package licence.