Level 1/ Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
This two year course will give you an understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems used on modern light vehicles. The assessment methods used include the completion of practical tasks, assignments and online examinations. You will also develop your Mathematics, English Language and digital literacy skills.
- Health, Safety & Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Support for Job Roles in the Automotive Work Environment
- Materials, Fabrication, Tools & Measuring Devices used in the Automotive Environment.
- Introduction to Vehicle Technology and Workshop Methods and Processes
- Carry-out Basic Motor Vehicle Maintenance
- Light Vehicle Engine Mechanical, Lubrication & Cooling System Units & Components
- Light Vehicle Fuel, Ignition, Air & Exhaust Systems Units & Components
- Removing & Replacing Light Vehicle Electrical Units & Components
- Removing & Replacing Light Vehicle Chassis Units & Components
- Routine Light Vehicle Maintenance
- Light Vehicle Transmission & Driveline Units and Components.
- Appropriate GCSEs at grade D including Mathematics and English Language along with an interview.
The course is delivered through practical demonstrations which are supported with realistic working tasks, where the emphasis is on you demonstrating the required skills. Underpinning knowledge for each unit is given via classroom-based mode of delivery, where you are encouraged to participate in a range of learner centred activities.
Learners are assessed in a variety of ways including practical activities, multi-choice online examinations and participation in portfolio and assignment work.
Level 2 Foundation Apprenticeship
Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Level 3 Diploma)
Vehicle Technology (Level 3 Diploma) with sufficient maths skills.
The following items are essential equipment for completion of the course:
- PPE conforming to British standards safety standards
- Assorted stationery
- Electude electronic learning package licence.