Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering - Motorsport
Our Motorsport Pathway Advanced Motorsports Engineering (AME) Level 3 course is designed for aspiring motorsports enthusiasts and engineering enthusiasts who wish to pursue a career in the exhilarating world of motorsport.
This comprehensive programme, in collaboration with UWTSDs Motorsport Engineering Department, provides you with the necessary skills, knowledge, and hands-on experience to thrive in the highly competitive motorsport industry.
- Engineering drawing
- Vehicle science and maths
- Petrol injection
- Health and safety
- Appropriate GCSEs at grade C profile including Mathematics, English Language and Science
- Progression from intermediate level automotive courses will also be considered alongside GCSEs or equivalent Essential Skills Wales qualifications.
Knowledge and skills are delivered both via classroom based sessions where you are encouraged to participate in a range of learner centered activities and also within realistic automotive and motorsport workshops through the use of practical demonstrations and realistic working tasks.
Learners are mainly assessed through the use of assignment development, which are frequently supported by documented practical activities undertaken in both workshops detailed above.
Through the use of the associated UCAS points, the course is primarily designed to support learners onto related Higher Education programmes in universities. Examples include;
- Automotive Engineering (BEng, HND)
- Motorsport Engineering (BEng, HND)
- Motorcycle Engineering (BEng).
The following items are essential equipment for completion of the course:
- PPE conforming to British standards safety standards
- Assorted stationery
- Electude electronic learning package licence.