This one year course will give you an understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems that are used on a motor vehicle in terms of operation, design, maintenance, diagnostic and repair.
You will complete a number of set tasks, along with multi-choice examinations to test your knowledge.
You will also develop your essential skills in numeracy, communication and IT.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety & Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Knowledge of Support for Job Roles in the Automotive Work Environment
- Knowledge of Materials, Fabrication, Tools & Measuring Devices used in the Automotive Environment
- Knowledge of Diagnosing & Rectification of Light Vehicle Engine Faults
- Knowledge of Diagnosing & Rectification of Light Vehicle Chassis Faults
- Knowledge of Diagnosing & Rectification of Auxiliary Electrical Systems
- Knowledge of Diagnosing & Rectification of Light Vehicle Transmission & Drive Line Faults
- Diagnose & Rectify Auxiliary Electrical Components
- Development of digital literacy, literacy and numeracy skills
Students must have successfully completed a Level 2 qualification.
Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship (Level 3)
Employment in the industry or study for a HND in a related subject
The following items are essential equipment for completion of the course:
- Overalls and steel toe cap boots conforming to EN345-1 safety standards
- Assorted stationary
- Hillers Fundamentals of Motor Vehicle Technology Book 1 (ISBN = 978 1 4085 15181)
- Hilliers Fundamentals of Automotive Electronics Book 2 Sixth Edition (ISBN 978 1 4085 1537 2)