This one year course will give you an understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems that are used on a motor vehicle in terms of operation, design, maintenance, diagnostic and repair.
You will complete a number of set tasks, along with multi-choice examinations to test your knowledge.
You will also develop your essential skills in numeracy, communication and IT.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety & Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Knowledge of Support for Job Roles in the Automotive Work Environment
- Knowledge of Materials, Fabrication, Tools & Measuring Devices used in the Automotive Environment
- Knowledge of Diagnosing & Rectification of Light Vehicle Engine Faults
- Knowledge of Diagnosing & Rectification of Light Vehicle Chassis Faults
- Knowledge of Diagnosing & Rectification of Auxiliary Electrical Systems
- Knowledge of Diagnosing & Rectification of Light Vehicle Transmission & Drive Line Faults
- Diagnose & Rectify Auxiliary Electrical Components
- Development of digital literacy, literacy and numeracy skills
Students must have successfully completed a Level 2 qualification.
The course is delivered through practical demonstrations which are supported with realistic working tasks, where the emphasis is on you demonstrating the required skills. Underpinning knowledge for each unit is given via classroom based mode of delivery, where you are encouraged to participate in a range of learner centered activities.
Learners are assessed in a variety of ways including practical activities, multi-choice online examinations and participation in portfolio and assignment work.
Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship (Level 3)
Employment in the industry or study for a HND in a related subject
The following items are essential equipment for completion of the course:
- Overalls and steel toe cap boots conforming to EN345-1 safety standards
- Assorted stationary
- Hillers Fundamentals of Motor Vehicle Technology Book 1 (ISBN = 978 1 4085 15181)
- Hilliers Fundamentals of Automotive Electronics Book 2 Sixth Edition (ISBN 978 1 4085 1537 2)