On this course you will focus on both microeconomics and macroeconomics.
Microeconomics addresses issues such as:
- Why are house prices so high?
- Can pollution effectively be controlled?
- Should governments interfere with markets?
Macroeconomics covers issues such as:
- Why does the government have an inflation rate target and how does it affect us?
- What happens to the economy if people decide to spend more?
- How is the UK economy affected by developing economies?
A strong GCSE profile, including a minimum grade B in maths and English
Assessment is via two examinations at AS, both written papers with short answer questions in one. At A Level, there are a further two papers, again with short answer questions, essays and data response.
HE courses taught at Gower College Swansea which you can progress to include the HND Business Management (franchised from the University of South Wales.)
Many students progress to Russell Group universities, including Oxbridge. Future careers could include finance, banking, accountancy, education, insurance, medicine and engineering.
Students will be required to purchase textbooks. The course may involve trips which will require a contribution from students.