On this course you will focus on both microeconomics and macroeconomics.
Microeconomics addresses issues such as:
- Why are house prices so high?
- Can pollution effectively be controlled?
- Should governments interfere with markets?
Macroeconomics covers issues such as:
- Why does the government have an inflation rate target and how does it affect us?
- What happens to the economy if people decide to spend more?
- How is the UK economy affected by developing economies?
A strong GCSE profile, including a minimum grade B in maths and English
Assessment is via two examinations at AS, both written papers with short answer questions in one. At A Level, there are a further two papers, again with short answer questions, essays and data response.
Students will be required to purchase textbooks. The course may involve trips which will require a contribution from students.