This one year course covers the challenge and continual change of the business world. You must be willing to explore new ideas and communicate them effectively, it also prepares you for the world of work.
It will offer you the opportunity to study a number of business functions including marketing, human resources management, business planning, web design and ICT with an emphasis on business administration.
Updated November 2019
One GCSE at grade C and three GCSEs at grade D, or a pass on a Level 1 course in a related subject.
The course is taught through a range of practical assignments, visits and classroom based sessions. Assessment is through ongoing coursework and exams.
Study units include:
• Enterprise in the Business World
• Finance for Business (Exam)
• Small Business Planning
• Promoting a Brand
• Principles of Marketing (Exam)
• Introducing Project Management
• Business Online
• Delivering and Improving Customer Service
• Planning Forecasting and Recording Business Finances
• Recruitment, Selection and Employment
• Managing Personal Finances
This qualification can lead to employment - the course will enhance students' prospects of gaining entry onto a modern apprenticeship or work based NVQ within the business world.
A Merit on this course, plus good attendance and commitment, will allow students to progress onto a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business.
All students participate in a UK visit which is funded by the student.