This one year course is designed to develop your knowledge and understanding of the early years and childcare sectors. Areas of study include:
- Service provision and roles
- Protection and safeguarding of adults and children
- Physical care of babies and young children
- Promoting healthy eating
- Planning a safe childcare environment
- Planning activities to support children’s emotional and social needs
- Providing pre-school children’s reading, numeracy and creative activities.
Elements of this course can be delivered through the medium of Welsh.
Added October 2021
Some qualifications at entry Level 3 or GCSEs grades D-G (must have at least a grade F in English Language).
You must complete a DBS prior to enrolling on the course. Cost is approximately £40.