This one year course is designed to develop your knowledge and understanding of the early years and childcare sectors. Areas of study include:
- Service provision and roles
- Protection and safeguarding of adults and children
- Physical care of babies and young children
- Promoting healthy eating
- Planning a safe childcare environment
- Planning activities to support children’s emotional and social needs
- Providing pre-school children’s reading, numeracy and creative activities.
Elements of this course can be delivered through the medium of Welsh.
Some qualifications at entry Level 3 or GCSE English Language grade E and one other subject at grade D.
You must complete a DBS prior to enrolling on the course. Cost is approximately £40.