During this one year course, students will begin to develop hairdressing skills to include: - hair styling, cutting and colouring but the main focus will be around assisting in a salon and completing the following units:
- Health and safety
- Development of effective working relationships
- Preparing for hairdressing services and maintaining work areas
- Blow drying hair
- Assisting with hair colour services
- Plaiting and twisting hair.
Where required learners will complete further GCSE qualifications in Mathematics and English Language.
Assessments will be continuous throughout the academic year to include practical observations whilst working on clients and multiple-choice test to assess theory knowledge for each unit.
Explore this location in 3D
- A range of GCSEs at D above preferably including English Langiage and Mathematics
- Learners will need be highly motivated and enthusiastic with good communication skills and an ability to work as a team.
You will attend college for 17 hours per week, most your time is spent in the commercial salons developing practical skills and working on clients or your own models.
There will also be classroom-based lessons and an additional 3 hours if you need to re-sit GCSE Mathematics or English Language.
Learners will be given the opportunity to progress onto Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing full-time, alternatively some learners may wish to pursue a Level 2 Hairdressing apprenticeship in a salon.
Learners will be required to purchase a kit which includes equipment and a uniform. Costs funding will be discussed at interview. Funding maybe available.