Learn new outdoor skills with this hands-on course covering the basics of landscape construction and gardening.
Get ready to dig into the exciting world of landscaping!
This course is for those who enjoy being outside the classroom and getting their hands dirty.
Students will take part in real-life projects on and off site e.g. Pennard Golf Course, Penllegaer Woods, Singleton Park.
- Discover the basics behind creating beautiful outdoor spaces.
- Get hands-on experience constructing pathways, walls, patios, and even boundary fencing to give outdoor areas a fantastic makeover.
- Discover the secrets of growing and caring for plants and vegetables.
- Become a pro at selecting the perfect plants for different settings and gain essential skills for maintaining a garden full of life.
- Become skilled at using tools and equipment to bring your landscaping visions to life. We'll teach you how to handle them safely and effectively.
- Have the chance to work with customers through community projects, green fayres, and seasonal events.
No formal qualifications needed. A basic level of physical fitness is required for this course.
Three days a week for one year
- Observation of practical performance
- Portfolio of photographic evidence
Opportunities to progress onto Level 2 Landscaping and Horticulture qualification
You will be required to provide and wear safety boots, workwear trousers, waterproofs. Gloves, safety glasses, ear defenders and all tools and equipment will be provided by the College