This two year course is perfect if you are interested in developing your own football skills and performance, alongside the study of coaching and training.
You will gain a valuable insight into coaching and training techniques for a range of football populations, from young children to elite professional players.
Areas of study include psychology, nutrition, development of football skills and coaching.
You will develop industry skills through a range of local work placements under tutorial supervision and support.
Updated November 2019
Minimum grade C in GCSE English and Maths.
There will be a requirement to demonstrate your football skills and understanding at pre-course trials.
If you are interested in developing your own football skills and performance, alongside the study of coaching and training, then this course is for you. It allows students who are passionate about football to train each day like a professional footballer whilst gaining a recognised academic qualification within their chosen profession.
- Analysis of a Sports Performance
- Rules, Regulations and Officiating in Sport
- Talent Identification and Development in Sport
- The Athlete's Lifestyle
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Technical and Tactical Skill in Sport
Learners will also receive additional qualifications including:
- F.A.W Level 1 coaching award along with child protection training and First Aid.
- Students will train for 10 hours a week, whilst also competing within the English and British Colleges Football League.
- Successful completion of this course will allow you to gain work in the industry or alternatively continue with your qualifications by studying the Foundation Degree in Sport Coaching or a degree at university.
- Excellent facilities and support / training from our team of high quality tutors who are active practitioners in their field of expertise.
Staying with GCS, you could progress on to the Foundation Degree in Sports Development and Management
Students have a number of progression routes they can follow. These include university where they can study for a wide range of careers in PE teaching, coaching, sports management, sports analysis and the leisure industry. Or students could continue their studies abroad.