A Level Music students from Gower College Swansea are celebrating after receiving course offers from some of the top universities and conservatoires in the UK.
“We’ve had a fantastic year for student progression from Gower College Swansea to higher education and I’m delighted that so many of them have gained places at these prestigious institutions,” says Curriculum Leader Jonathan Rogers. “They have each undergone an extremely rigorous and competitive auditions process and should feel very proud of their achievements.”
- Catrin Davies, Alasdair Gunneberg and Morgan Summers have received offers from the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama to study clarinet, cello and singing respectively.
- Eluned Davies has received an offer from the Royal Academy of Music to study composition.
- Amelia Maguire has received an offer from the University of Liverpool to study music/popular music.
- Nia Thomas has received an offer from the University of Wales, Cardiff to study English and music.
- Jacob Howells has received an offer from Bath Spa University to study commercial music.
- Flynn Forgeau has received an offer from Solent University to study popular music performance and production.
- Isobel Bass has received an offer from Emil Dale Academy to study musical theatre.
- Isabella Viggers has received an offer from the University of Surrey to study creative music technology
- Rhys Carlson has received an offer from the University of Gloucestershire to study creative music technology
The A Level Music course encompasses the study of significant musical developments from 1650 to the present day, set works by composers such as Mozart and Verdi, and Western classical composition. Students also receive significant support from the College’s designated performance coach which sets them in good stead for entrance into the industry.