Our courses in professional accountancy are accredited by the ACCA and we are a Platinum Approved Learning Partner. We are currently the only Further Education Centre in the UK to hold this level of tuition. They are designed to provide the knowledge, skills and professional values which will develop accounting professionals to build success careers; whether they work in the public or private sector, practice in an accounting organisation or pursue a career in business.
updated June 2021
Unit: SBL – Strategic Business Leader
You will be able to:
- Apply excellent leadership and ethical skills to set the ‘tone from the top’ and promote a positive culture within the organisation, adopting a whole organisation perspective in managing performance and value creation.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the governance and agency system of an organisation and recognise the responsibility of the board or other agents towards their stakeholders, including the organisation’s social responsibilities and the reporting implications.
- Evaluate the strategic position of the organisation against the external environment and the availability of internal resources, to identify feasible strategic options.
- Analyse the risk profile of the organisation and of any strategic options identified, within a culture of responsible risk management.
- Select and apply appropriate information technologies and data analytics, to analyse factors affecting the organisation’s value chain to identify strategic opportunities and implement strategic options within a framework of robust IT security controls.
- Evaluate management reporting and internal control and audit systems to ensure compliance and the achievement of organisation’s objectives and the safeguarding of organisational assets.
- Apply high level financial techniques from Skills exams in the planning, implementation and evaluation of strategic options and actions.
- Enable success through innovative thinking, applying best in class strategies and disruptive technologies in the management of change; initiating, leading and organising projects, while effectively managing talent and other business resources.
- Apply a range of Professional Skills in addressing requirements within the Strategic Leader examination and in preparation for, or to support, current work experience.
Completion of ACCA units BT to FM or degree exemptions
Open to students of all ages.
All tuition is based around classroom lectures by highly qualified and experienced members of staff.
Our courses are delivered face to face in a classroom. Social distancing measures and college guidelines will be in place to protect you and others. Should it be necessary for the college to close due to lockdown, as instructed by the Welsh Government due to COVID 19, online delivery will take place until restrictions are lifted and we can return to face to face delivery.
Formal examinations are offered four times a year by the ACCA.
Students will be able to study and progress to other ACCA SBR plus optional subjects units.
The course also provides a qualification that employers are looking for.
Course Fees and study material - £865 per unit approx
- ACCA Membership Fee £120 approx
- ACCA Enrolment Fee £95 approx
- ACCA Exemption Fees £98 to £123 per unit
- Exam Fee £235 approx
Please ask for details of any funding that is available.