If you are looking to embark on a career as a nail technician, working either in a salon or nail bar, this course is ideal for you. It is designed to equip you with the knowledge, practical skills and industry required qualification to be able to do this with confidence.
Course modules include:
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Preparation of client and work area
- Client consultation
- Contra-indications and contra-actions
- Manicure and luxury treatments
- Pedicure and luxury treatments
- UV gel nail extensions
- Structure of the skin and nail
- Skin and nail diseases and disorders
- Aftercare advice
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Provide and maintain nail enhancement
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- Provide manicure treatments
- Provide pedicure treatments
Updated November 2018
Suitable for students with a good general education e.g. a Level 1 qualification or GCSE equivalent or a Level 1 ESOL qualification
A positive attitude and enthusiasm is essential. You must have good communication skills and be well presented.
Delivered over one evening per week (6-9pm) and over 34 weeks.
Students will be expected to undertake home study, including written and practical course work, making this an ideal route for those who wish to study flexibly around other commitments.
Procedures and techniques are demonstrated by the tutor, and then learners will perform the procedure on their model. Learners will be assessed on their practical techniques and by written assessments.
It is possible to progress in this skilled area to acrylic nail enhancements or any other vocational training. Students may wish to apply for any full or part time beauty course at Gower College Swansea.
All students must attend a compulsory guidance session prior to enrolling. Please call us on 01792 284049 for dates and times. Students will be expected to wear full length black trousers, flat black enclosed shoes and a plain black top or tunic.
The purchase of a kit is essential to study on this course. The approximate cost of kit (based on 2018 price) is either £387.45 including LED lamp
or £252.30 excluding LED lamp