This course is designed for e-bike cycling enthusiasts and aims to give you the skills to prepare bikes safely for riding and to fix the most common problems that occur during the course of a ride.
On this Basic Maintenance Course, you will learn:
- Pre-ride equipment checks
- Degreasing, cleaning and lubrication
- Brakes – cable adjustment and pad adjustment and replacement
- Gears – indexing, cable adjustment, limit adjustment
- Transmission – chain repair and replacement
- Headset adjustment
- Wheels – punctures, tyre repair
- Emergency repairs – dealing with what can go wrong during a ride
No formal entry requirements are needed.
The course will be delivered in our new specialised facility.
Delivery will be in the evening or over a short number of days starting from September 2021.
If you are interested in gaining a formal qualification, you can progress onto a Cytech Technical e-bike course.
Bicycles and tools will be provided for the duration of the course.
PLA Funding is available to cover the cost of the course, to find out more and to check if you are eligible please visit https://careerswales.gov.wales/courses-and-training/funding-your-studies/personal-learning-accounts