Student Ambassador Programme
Each academic year, the college recruits Student Ambassadors to support the work of the School Liaison and Reaching Wider teams.
The aim is to be inclusive and to recruit students from a range of schools with differing backgrounds and attending a wide variety of courses. The Ambassadors will need to be excellent role models and will be asked to actively promote and represent the college at a range of events.
- Meet and greet new students (start of the academic year)
- Attend college Open Evenings
- Attend school Parent Evenings
- Participate in school talks
- Help at college taster days/events
- Provide general support for other School Liaison and Reaching Wider events as and when required
- Welcome important guests to Gower College Swansea
Selection Criteria: Successful applicants will need to:
• Have the ability to communicate easily and confidently
• Be flexible and reliable
• Be a good role model
• Be friendly and approachable
• Be willing to take part in a variety of events
• Ambassador clothing – i.e. free college hoodie
• Expenses e.g. travel and food
• Rewards for attending events –e.g. vouchers for books, travel and or equipment
• Being an Ambassador will look good on university and job applications
• It will help develop confidence, communication and team building skills
How to get involved:
During the Autumn Term (October), the School Liaison team will visit tutor groups to give students information about the programme and to open up the application process. Students will need to complete an application form and the selection process will take place in November. Successful Ambassadors will attend a training session before Christmas ready to support the college’s first big taster event.