This two year course aims to provide students with a career pathway into IT or eSports, providing you with the skills to have a future as a games designer, technician, video producer and streamer (i.e. digital marketing, events management, coaching, computer networking.)
The course is classroom based and is assessed through a series of assignments for each unit.
Added July 2020
Prospective students will need five GCSEs at grade C.
- Gain a broad understanding of ICT and eSports and be able to study selected areas in more depth.
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding of eSports and ICT
- Learn how to set up, design and brand teams, logos, merchandise etc.
- Develop and create social media areas like your own YouTube and Twitch channels.
- Have an opportunity to apply learning in a practical and realistic way.
- Follow a programme of study that enables progression to both higher education and employment within ICT, business and marketing.
- Gain confidence through developing independent learning skills.
- Take part in eSports events like British Esports, Insomnia etc.
Modules studied include:
- Introduction to eSports
- Computer Networking
- Games Design
- eSports Skills, Strategies and Analysis
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship in the eSports Industry
- Health, Wellbeing and Fitness for eSports Players
- Video Production
- Business Applications of eSports in Social Media
- eSports Events
- Ethical and Current Issues in eSports
- eSports Coaching
- Live-streamed Broadcasting
- Psychology for eSports Performance
Staying with the college, you could progress on to the HND Applied Computing.