In this course, students will learn the fundamentals of esports through a range of different projects. Students will be responsible for creating a portfolio of work to showcase their skills across different units.
Units will include Games Design, Esports Events, Live-Streamed broadcasting, Social Media, Branding, Esports Coaching and more. These units allow students to develop their skills and promote themselves in the esports industry. They will be able to use the work they have created to promote their skills to potential employers.
- Gain a broad understanding of Esports and be able to study selected areas in more depth.
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding of Esports
- Learn how to set up, design and brand teams, logos, merchandise etc.
- Develop and create social media areas like your own YouTube and Twitch channels.
- Have an opportunity to apply learning in a practical and realistic way.
- Follow a programme of study that enables progression to both higher education and employment within ICT, business and marketing.
- Gain confidence through developing independent learning skills.
- Take part in esports events like British Esports, Insomnia etc.
- Students will have knowledge on a wide range of aspects in the esports industry.
- Students will be able to select from a range of careers including coaching, live-streamed broadcasting, social media, marketing, coaching and events management.
- A minimum of five GCSEs at grades A*-C, including Mathematics and English Language
- Or Level 2 Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent
Pass, Merit or Distinction
On the completion of this course you can progress to study Digital Marketing, Events Management, Live Streamed Broadcasting and more.