This two year course aims to provide students with a career pathway into IT or esports, providing you with the skills to have a future as a games designer, technician, video producer and streamer (i.e. digital marketing, events management, coaching, computer networking.)
The course is classroom based and is assessed through a series of assignments for each unit.
Prospective students will need five GCSEs at grade C.
- Gain a broad understanding of ICT and esports and be able to study selected areas in more depth.
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding of esports and ICT
- Learn how to set up, design and brand teams, logos, merchandise etc.
- Develop and create social media areas like your own YouTube and Twitch channels.
- Have an opportunity to apply learning in a practical and realistic way.
- Follow a programme of study that enables progression to both higher education and employment within ICT, business and marketing.
- Gain confidence through developing independent learning skills.
- Take part in esports events like British Esports, Insomnia etc.
Modules studied include:
- Introduction to Esports
- Computer Networking
- Games Design
- Esports Skills, Strategies and Analysis
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship in the esports Industry
- Health, Wellbeing and Fitness for Esports Players
- Video Production
- Business Applications of Esports in Social Media
- Esports Events
- Ethical and Current Issues in Esports
- Esports Coaching
- Live-streamed Broadcasting
- Psychology for Esports Performance
Staying with the college, you could progress on to the HND Applied Computing.